Human Resources Specialist
NAC Architecture is seeking a Human Resources Specialist to join our collaborative team in the Spokane office.
The HR Specialist provides administrative, technical and creative support in the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties. Reports to the Director of Human Resources.
- Provide continuing involvement and support in refining the recruitment process, posting advertisements and ensuring that employees transition easily into NAC.
- Assist with onboarding new employees by collecting new hire paperwork, inputting into appropriate HRIS systems and benefit software.
- Assist HR Director in creating a first-rate on-boarding/orientation program.
- Applicant tracking.
- New hire reporting to the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services.
- Manage Live Scan fingerprinting and TB testing for California employees.
- Manage benefits reconciliations and work with Accounts Payable Administrator for payments.
- Work with benefit vendors and broker to resolve discrepancies and benefit issues.
- Answer questions for employees regarding benefit plans and retirement plans.
- Maintain employee personnel files and the HR filing system.
- Assist with day to day efficient operation of the HR office.
- Tracking of various employee data including PDP, EEO, Anniversaries, Birthdays,.
- Prepare reports for HR Director as needed (ACA reporting, compensation data, OSHA reporting, NDT etc.).
- Prepare and update employment records related to hiring, transferring, promoting and terminating.
- Complete Verification of Employment requests and provide references as necessary.
- The HR Specialist is responsible to back up payroll in the event the Payroll Administrator is not available to run payroll.
- Help develop, implement, support and review all Human Resources Department initiatives, policies, procedures, and systems.
- Create quarterly HR Newsletter, open enrollment materials and other HR presentations as necessary.
- Coordinate office celebrations, gatherings and team building opportunities.
- Research and update Klyde with topics of interest for employees.
- Assist with re-designing the Careers section of the website to provide adequate information and exhibit an engaging work environment. .
Skills and Competencies
- Effective interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written.
- Diligent at organizing work flow and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanour at all times, whether in person or on the phone.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to effectively and successfully complete multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a collaborative team.
- Graphic design skills and an eye for creating engaging and exciting material is desired.
- Proficient with PowerPoint, and MS Office.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business or HR or relevant field.
- 0-3 or more years of experience, experience in Architecture/Engineering industry is a plus.
- HR experience a plus but not required.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of WorkExperience
- This is a full-time position. Core hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Please send letter of interest and Resume or CV to email@example.com. NAC offers a very generous benefit package that includes health and retirement benefits as well as professional development and growth.
- NAC Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race; color; ancestry; religion; marital status; sex; sexual orientation; citizenship; national origin; age; physical or mental handicaps or disabilities; medical condition; or special disabled, Vietnam-era or veteran status or any other basis protected by law. No question on our application is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Applicants for employment are evaluated on the basis of educational training, professional or other employment experience, professional licensing (when appropriate), and job-related skills and knowledge. If you require accommodation to complete an application or for the interview process, please contact the Human Resources Department.